Greensleeves Care employee benefits
Joining Greensleeves Care means so much more than just working for one of the nation’s best and most respected care charities. We have been delivering exceptional care across the country now for over 20 years because we employ exceptional people. Greensleeves Care achieves this by recruiting and retaining exceptional people who believe that the resident should be the centre of everything.
We offer a number of benefits to our exceptional staff:
- Working for the number one care charity in England
- High staffing levels and more carers on each shift compared to many other care homes
- A complete focus on the resident and a determination to make every day special for them rather than focusing on tasks
- Greensleeves Care has Endorsed Provider status with Skills for Care. This demonstrates that our training is of the highest quality and standard and allows our staff to achieve and continue their professional development.
- A family orientated feel to our homes, which is probably one of the things people like most about working with us
- Paid Breaks. Greensleeves Care believes that our teams should be paid for their whole shift, therefore staff are paid whilst they are on breaks. While we know many organisations do not share this particular vision. But we feel that as an outstanding care charity we should look after our staff as well as our residents.
- Payment over the Minimum Wage. Greensleeves Care ensures that every member of the team, whatever the job they do, is paid appropriately. Therefore we always pay more than the National Minimum Wage. Some homes also enjoy further enhancement to take account of the local cost of living.
We also provide:
- Pension. Greensleeves Care staff enjoy an excellent staff personal pension plan. Our pension is a defined contribution scheme. This means that the value of the pension is based on the amount of money paid into it. Greensleeves Care will match payments made by staff up to a maximum of 6%, staff may also make payments via salary sacrifice.
- Annual Leave. The minimum annual leave entitlement for all staff working at our care homes is 28 days (including Bank Holidays).
- Death In Service Benefit. Greensleeves Care provides a discretionary death in service benefit equal to 2 x the staff member’s annual salary.
- Voluntary Lifestyle Benefits. Another great benefit, this covers money off high street retailers, supermarkets, attractions, holidays etc.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). All staff have access to the Greensleeves Care EAP. This provides telephone counselling and legal information for all team members, it is probably the best service of its kind for employees.
- Length of Service Awards. Staff members are provided with an award as a result of reaching 5, 10 and 20 years of service.