Home: Head Office
Pay details: £31,500 per annum
Posted date: 10/11/2020
Closing date: 24/11/2020
Support Services Manager
St Cross Grange is now seeking a Support Services Manager to join the management team. You will assist the General Manager by leading and managing full hospitality provision in the home, which include reception, kitchen, maintenance and housekeeping in promoting high standards of service to residents and visitors in accordance with the policies and procedures of Greensleeves Care.
The home is a 64 bedded home, split over 3 main floors. The home is a lovely purpose built home that recently enjoyed an extensive refurbishment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Support Services Manager you will be leading and managing a full hospitality provision in the home. As well as line management responsibility, this role includes commercial responsibility for the delivery of general hotel services at the home.
Your other main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Implementing and delivering high quality catering services in the home
- Overseeing the entire housekeeping operation and team on a daily basis
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure that the fabric and security of the building are properly maintained and any repairs are reported and dealt with promptly.
- Leading on the recruitment and induction of all catering, maintenance and housekeeping staff ensuring teams are fully resourced and effectively deployed daily.
- Ensuring and participating in the Quality Assurance Auditing systems within the Home.
- Assisting the General Manager and Home Administrator / Book Keeper in the effective and efficient running of the home, including budgetary control.
You will have relevant management experience in a hospitality environment, and knowledge of managing a hotel service e.g. catering, domestic and maintenance. You will be a strong manager, with prior experience of staff management including recruitment, appraisals, training and development.
An advanced communicator with strong organisational skills, you will have the ability to use standard MS office packages, including outlook and excel. In addition, you will have the following qualifications:
- Food hygiene qualification (intermediate or advanced);
- Relevant qualification in either Catering or Domestic Services.
- Formal health and safety training to an intermediate standard, i.e. “Safety at Work”.
Joining Greensleeves Care means so much more than just working for one of the nation’s best and most respected care charities. We offer a number of benefits to our exceptional staff:
- Pension. Greensleeves Care staff enjoy an excellent staff personal pension plan. Our pension is a defined contribution scheme.
- Annual Leave. The minimum annual leave entitlement for Managers working at our care homes is 33 days (including Bank Holidays).
- Death In Service Benefit. Greensleeves Care provides a discretionary death in service benefit equal to 2 x the staff member’s annual salary.
- Voluntary Lifestyle Benefits. Another great benefit, this
- covers money off high street retailers, supermarkets, attractions, holidays etc.
For further details and to apply for this role please submit your CV and covering letter by using the right hand side form.