Home: Head Office
Location: Crowthorne, Berkshire
Pay details: c.£37,000 per annum plus attractive Benefits package
Posted date: 09/11/2023
Closing date: 30/11/2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our management team at Buckler’s Lodge, our 80 bedded home in Crowthorne, Berkshire. You will be integral in leading the care team in achieving and exceeding, care standards determined by CQC, Local Authority Contract Monitoring, and internal bench marking at the Home.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Deputy Manager, you will work with the care team and General Manager to solve common operational issues and develop action plans to effectively improve the care and quality of the Home in accordance with Greensleeves Care policies and procedures. In addition your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and guidance to care staff to ensure that all care requirements ae met and result in care planning and delivery that is effective.
- Lead, manage and develop the work of the staff team, under the supervision of the Registered Manager, by setting objectives and supervising staff.
- Utilise the Greensleeves Care Quality Monitoring Tools to any Care and Safeguarding of Adults concerns to ensure issues are identified and effectively addressed.
- Taking overall responsibility for the home in the absence of the General Manager.
With prior experience of managing staff in a care home or similar environment, you will have a working knowledge of MCA and DOLS. A high level of care knowledge, you will be a strong communicator with excellent organisational skills. You will have a keen understanding of person centered-care and have experience of working in a dementia unit or a dementia home for at least two years.
In addition, candidates require a minimum of QCF level 4 in care (or similar qualification), to apply for this role.
We are one of the most respected care charities in the UK. With 27 care homes and growing, we have more than 20 years’ experience of delivering exceptional care and we are really excited about the next 20 years.
Rewards & Benefits Package
- Free DBS
- 25 days paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Free learning and development
- Company pension scheme – employers contribution matched up to 6%
- 2 x Salary Death in Service benefit
- Medical Health Benefit
- Length of Service Awards
- Voluntary Lifestyle Benefits
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
To be part of this award-winning organisation please attach your CV and a brief covering letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria of the role.
The successful applicant will be appointed subject to providing evidence of ISA first and enhanced DBS disclosure. This post is not subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Greensleeves Care is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Greensleeves Care Core Values
Respect – We treat residents and colleagues with dignity and value their unique life experiences and personal contributions.
Openness – We act openly and honestly, building confidence in our intentions and behaviour. We choose words and actions that are sincere, not misleading.
Responsibility – We are committed to meeting the needs of others and behave responsibility towards residents and colleagues, being careful of the choices we make.
Upon Job Offer, your title will be Care & Compliance Manager.
Please note this role is open to UK-based candidates only
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.